2. What Personal Information We Collect
“Personal information” is information that identifies, describes, relates to, or can be associated with you. The personal information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us. We collect the following kinds of personal information:
● Basic Identifying Information: We collect basic information from you, including your name, address, email, phone number, account username and password, and other similar identifiers.
● Device Information & Internet Activity: We collect information about your device and internet or network activity, including IP addresses, cookies, beacons, pixel tags, unique device identifiers, browsing or search history, and mobile network information.
● Commercial Information: We collect commercial information related to your use of the Site, including your product preferences or specific interests, and products you have purchased, returned, favorited, or considered, and any promotional information related to your Site visit.
● Transactional Information: We collect transactional information related your purchases, including payment methods, such as credit card, debit card or bank information, billing addresses, and shipping addresses for order fulfillment.
● Other Content & Electronic Information: We collect other content and electronic information from your interactions and communications with us, such as through email, chat, telephone, or social media, including social media accounts, photographs, videos, comments, product reviews, survey responses, and other content.
● Inferences: We may make inferences based on any of the information identified above.
● Sensitive Personal Information: “Sensitive personal information” includes government-issued identifiers, such as your driver's license number or other form of government issued identification, geolocation, and race and ethnicity. We only collect sensitive personal information with your consent, but do not use sensitive personal information to make any inferences about you.
3. How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information about you from various sources, including:
● Directly from You: We collect personal information you provide to us, such as when you make a purchase, create an account, contact us, post reviews, respond to surveys, or subscribe to communications.
● Online Tracking & Data Collection Technologies: We automatically collect personal information when you visit our Site or interact with any of our emails or advertisements by using online tracking and data collection technologies, such as pixels, web beacons, software developer kits, third-party libraries, and cookies.
● Business Partners: We collect information from our business partners or third-party providers. For example, if you give us permission to store your credit card information, your credit card issuer may provide us with your updated credit card number and expiration date.
● Social Media: We collect personal information from social media platforms that you or the platforms disclose to us.
● Other Sources: We collect personal information from other sources, such as data analytics providers, marketing or advertising service providers, fraud prevention service providers, vendors that provide services on our behalf, or publicly available sources. We also create information based on our analysis of the information we have collected from you.
4. How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information for various purposes, including:
● To Provide Products & Services to You: We use personal information to provide products and services, including to fulfill orders, process payments, provide receipts, provide updates related to orders, purchases, returns and accounts, administer and personalize accounts, such as the ability to save user preferences and view purchase histories.
● To Communicate With You: We use personal information to communicate with you, such as to respond to and/or follow-up on your requests, inquiries, issues, or feedback, and to provide customer service.
● For Marketing & Promotional Purposes: We use personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send marketing, advertising and promotional communications by email, text message or mail, display tailored advertisements based on your interests, and to administer promotions.
● For Analytics & Personalization: We use personal information to conduct research and analysis, including to rank and improve our product and service offerings, better understand our customers' needs and wants, understand how users interact with our Site, advertisements and communications, improve our Site, improve our marketing efforts, personalize users' experiences, customize advertisements, facilitate Site visits, and provide personalized recommendations about our products and services.
● Legal Obligations: We use personal information to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, establish or exercise our rights, and defend against legal claims.
● Security & Fraud Prevention: We use personal information to protect the safety and security of our visitors and us, detect and protect against fraud, and investigate possible illegal activities or violations of our policies.
● Core Business Functions: We use personal information to support core business functions, including to maintain records related to business processes, management, and loss and fraud prevention, collect account receivables, and provide and maintain the functionality of our Site, including identifying and repairing errors or problems as may be necessary.
5. How We Share Personal Information
We also may disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
● Corporate Affiliates: We may disclose personal information with our corporate affiliates. Such corporate affiliates process personal information on our behalf as our service providers, where necessary to provide a product or service that you have requested, including to administer the Beauty Insider program, or in other circumstances with your consent as permitted or required by law.
● Service Providers: We may disclose personal information to service providers that support our core business functions and internal operations, including for the purposes of fulfilling and delivering orders, processing payments, sending communications, analyzing customer data, conducting customer surveys, providing customer service, and investigating fraudulent activity.
● Social Media: We may implement certain features on our Site, such as plugins, widgets or other tools offered by social media platforms that may result in personal information being collected or disclosed by us and such parties.
● Transfer of Control: We may disclose personal information in connection with negotiations for or any actual or prospective sale, acquisition, or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets.
6. How We Protect Personal Information
100% Safe Payments
Your safety is our highest priority, and that is why we use great caution and the highest safety standards while dealing with your personal data. For safe transferring of customer data during the ordering process and especially credit card details, we use a secure transfer method – the “Secure Socket Layer” (SSL) connection.
7. How Long Personal Information Is Kept
We will keep your personal information while you have an account with us or while we are providing products or services to you. When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete or anonymize it.
If you have given us permission to store your credit card information and you don't want us to receive your updated credit card information through your credit card issuer's account updater service, please contact your card issuer.
8. Your Rights
You have various rights with respect to your personal information. However, please note that some of the rights described herein may vary or not be applicable to you depending on the privacy laws specific to your jurisdiction. Further, please note that in order for us to process some requests, we will need to verify your identity to confirm that the request came from you.
● Right to Access: You may have the right to be provided with a copy of your personal information (the right of access).
● Right to Correct: You may have the right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information.
● Right to Data Portability: You may have the right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party in certain situations.
● Right to Restrict: You may have the right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as if you contest the accuracy of the data.
● Right to Delete: You may have the right to require us to delete your personal information in certain exceptions.
● Right to Withdraw Your Consent: You may have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
9. Children's Privacy
Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete the information from our records.